We are looking for a dedicated support engineer to ensure that our customers’ technical queries are resolved in a timeous and satisfactory manner. In this role, your duties will include assisting customers with application installations, resolving queries via our desktop support solutions, and escalating serious issues to the software development team.
To ensure success as a support engineer, you should exhibit extensive experience in providing IT support to customers in a fast-paced setting. Outstanding support engineers combine their IT expertise with exceptionally high standards in customer support.
- Providing customers with IT support via desktop solutions, chat functions, emails, and calls.
- Assisting customers with account setup and application installations.
- Ensuring optimal application functionality by configuring networks.
- Troubleshooting IT issues by asking customers targeted questions.
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems.
- Following up on technical queries and providing prompt feedback.
- Prioritizing customer queries and escalating serious technical issues to IT developers.
- Documenting error reports and monitoring performance metrics.
- Relaying application functionality feedback from customers to IT developers.
- Compiling IT instruction manuals and useful IT support resources.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- 2-5 years of experience as a support engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS environments.
- Proficiency in remote desktop and helpdesk software, such as Freshdesk and Zendesk.
- Advanced knowledge of IT software, hardware, and network setup.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and diagnose IT problems.
- Extensive experience in resolving customer IT queries.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Ability to relay important application feedback to IT developers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.