A Junior Software Engineer is an entry-level position for college graduates with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent course. The primary purpose of a Junior Software Engineer is to learn by doing. He/she will assist a project team in completing tasks and meeting sprint targets.
During the career of a Junior Software Engineer, he/she will learn all the necessary tools used in the development of software, write code in an Agile Methodology. The goal of a junior is to become an effective member of the software development team as a team player and problem solver.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Has Stable Internet Connection
- Knowledge of basic programming and computer science concepts
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel if necessary
- Assist project team in completing targets for Sprints.
- Learn the tools and skills necessary to become a software engineer.
- Learn and apply principles like KISS and DRY.
- Write readable and maintainable code.
- Fix issues in the code.
- Give estimates on tasks.
- Attend necessary meetings.
Requirements for Regularization
Probationary Junior Software Engineer must satisfy the following criteria:
- Complete the course from Open Source Society University, Intro CS: Introduction to CS Tools
- The Missing Semester of Your CS Education: 2 Week, 12 hours/week
- 6 Sprints as a FRONTEND developer, where the team scored higher than 8. Roughly 3 months if done consistently.
- 6 Sprints as a BACKEND developer, where the team scored higher than 8. Roughly 3 months if done consistently.
- 6 Pair Programming Sessions
- Give 2 brown bag sessions
- Recommendation from Peers, and Project Manager.