We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer who, along with our excellent development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required. You will also need at least five to seven years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field to be successful in this role.
- Serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributing to the efforts of his/her team members, both internal and external.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing knowledgebase and reusable modules and components of the company.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Mentor other Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Collaborating with his/her team members to identify and fix technical problems.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the company’s and customer’s codebase and improving your and your team’s programming skills.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information from customers about program functionality and translating them into technical and functional requirements for his/her team.
- Creating Technical Implementation Documents as well as other technical documents relevant to the project at hand
- Master’s degree in engineering management, technical management, or business administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any related field.
- 3 to 5 years of computer engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Must come highly-recommended.